With the pretty weather I decided to put on a skirt and tank top (yeah!!!!) and go for a walk on the Mall. This was also the first day I ventured out without blow drying my hair since... it got cold. I was smart enough to take my camera so I could capture the real signs of Spring right here, instead of just searching google images for them.
In this first one I wanted to capture the status of the blossoming trees. As you can see, the 75 degree swing in weather is having an effect, but it will take a few more days for the blossoming to really begin. This is good as we're 2 weeks from the Equinox and 4 weeks from the anticipated peak of Cherry Blossoms here in DC.
Then I kept walking and found the first daffodils. Yippee! I love yellow right now. Maybe I love yellow better in the springtime. I keep finding all these beautiful photos of yellow dresses, yellow sweaters, yellow shoes, and I love them all. Unfortunately I look awful in yellow, so I'll just appreciate the color everywhere I see it.
Near the daffodils were these incredible shoots. I cannot tell if they are tulips or hyacinths. Can you?
No comments:
Post a Comment